This recipe is for a 35 lb. dog for 1 day. Adjust recipe for your dog’s weight. I recommend preparing a 5 day total.
- ½ cup 1% low fat cottage cheese
- 2 cups long grain brown rice, over cooked
- ½ tsp olive oil (EVOO)
- ¼ tsp potassium chloride (available at most grocery stores)
- 1 tbsp. bone meal or calcium sup ( Animal Essentials herbal calcium)
- Vitamin Supplement (Animal Essential Herbal Vitamin)
- 1-2 tbsp steamed vegetables
- 1-2 tsp oat bran
Use organic ingredients wherever possible. This can be split into 2-3 daily feedings. This assumes no snacks or treats. Please discuss treats or snacks with your veterinarian so the amount of food can be adjusted accordingly.
Adapted from Home Prepared Dog and Cat Diets: The Healthy Alternative, D. R. Strombeck